Experimental Sculpture Collection


“Spiraling”
Balsa Wood, Tracing Paper, Wire, Hot Glue, Cardboard, Paper, Inks, Acrylic Paint, Gel Medium
















In Process Images:



Reflection Statement:
My intent is to visually communicate a sense of cohesiveness throughout the three sculptures. I wanted to focus on the spirals because I thought it would create a fun reoccurrence in the sculptures. I decided to not include any bright colors throughout because I wanted the sculptures to have a more natural look. I felt the second work (paper rolls) was not producing the results I wanted, it was looking unfinished and boring, so I added more paper rolls throughout and gave some of them a wash of black ink to create more dimension. I want to keep exploring the idea of creating works that share elements together while still being different from each other and being their own thing. These pieces allowed me to experiment with many new materials and even use existing ones in new ways. The making of this work exposed new ideas such as creating shapes out of tracing paper, gel medium, and wire, and it is something I want to keep practicing with in the future. 









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Natural History of the Senses Research

A Few of My Favorite Things