Memento

 


“Window to a Beautiful Memory”
2.25” x 2.25” x 2.63”
Cardstock Paper, Red Ribbon, Silver Gel Pen

 







Artist Statement
This sculpture reflects some of my favorite memories with my family. The memories are of going to Plaza las Americas in Puerto Rico with family, especially during Christmas. The overall shape is made to look like a Christmas gift to mimic the giant gift boxes that decorated the mall. Surrounding the box are arch windows that serve two purposes: to resemble some of the architecture of the mall, and to symbolize how I can only look at a memory, like through a window, but never actually go back to it. The red velvet ribbon represents the red velvet carpet that was in the mall during Christmas. I also made one of the bows smaller than the other to represent me and my little sister. 


In process photos:



Inspiration:







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Natural History of the Senses Research

A Few of My Favorite Things